EASY-PEASY TIPS for promoting "Nowhere Else I Want to Be: A Memoir"
* WRITE a sentence or two about what you liked about the book, or quote from the back cover. * INCLUDE this link to theAmazon page. * TAG friends by name in the comment section (i.e., Carol Marsh, you'll really like this book!). That will get the post more views.
Twitter and Pinterest
* CRAFT a hook (a phrase that creates interest and/or emotion), such as: "A powerful memoir about a world few of us ever see." - OR - "Vivid storytelling - I couldn't put it down." * INCLUDE a shortened link to the Amazon page.
* For Pinterest, CHOOSE from these IDEAS for book review templates. * INCLUDE this link to the Amazon page.
Post a review on Amazon (and copy it to your blog)
How to submit an Amazon review: * Go to the product detail page for the book. * Click Write a customer review in the Customer Reviews section. * Click Submit.
Post a review on Goodreads (and copy it to your blog)
READ these tips: (Please note that you have to be a Goodreads member to write a review.) * Navigate to the book's page. * Underneath the book's profile picture on the top left, rate the book using the stars. * The "want to read" button will automatically be replaced with a "write a review" link. Click that link. * Write your review in the review box that will appear and save.
And more ideas ...
POST a review on Barnes and Noble. HOST a virtual author talk via Skype. Contact me. ORDER extra books as gifts or giveaways. SUGGEST the memoir to your former or current college professor. SUGGEST the memoir to: * nonprofit managers * social workers and students of social work, * nurses, care aides, physicians * hospice workers, * volunteers in service.
* Book Talks for your organization, church or reading group.
* Discussion groups on: social justice, being in service, leadership