I'll march today in the Women's March on Washington alongside my husband and with many thousands of other women and people who are passionate about women's and human rights.
I won't march against Trump, although I am appalled by the man, his immorality, and lack of judgment.
For me, and for the founders of the march and so many of us who have joined, this is a march for.
I'll march for:
* coming together with our differences as opposed to staying apart because of them;
* the dignity of all human beings;
* the possibility of a system of governance that embodies wisdom, cooperation, thoughtful compromise and (as Michelle Obama says) going high even though others may go low;
* to remind myself that there is power in community;
* to remind myself that I have a choice, and my choice is to stand for what I believe in with a clear eye for reality and a compassionate heart for suffering of all kinds.
See you there!
This blog chronicles my work and thoughts as a writer. - Carol D. Marsh