I have chronic migraine disease. The constant pain means I can't manage the usual author book tour. If you liked my memoir, please consider joining theBook Tour by Proxy. Here are some tips for promoting this book (or any book you like).
EASY-PEASY TIPS for promoting "Nowhere Else I Want to Be: A Memoir"
* WRITE a sentence or two about what you liked about the book, or quote from the back cover. * INCLUDE this link to theAmazon page. * TAG friends by name in the comment section (i.e., Carol Marsh, you'll really like this book!). That will get the post more views.
Twitter and Pinterest
* CRAFT a hook (a phrase that creates interest and/or emotion), such as: "A powerful memoir about a world few of us ever see." - OR - "Vivid storytelling - I couldn't put it down." * INCLUDE a shortened link to the Amazon page.
* For Pinterest, CHOOSE from these IDEAS for book review templates. * INCLUDE this link to the Amazon page.
Post a review on Amazon (and copy it to your blog)
How to submit an Amazon review: * Go to the product detail page for the book. * Click Write a customer review in the Customer Reviews section. * Click Submit.
Post a review on Goodreads (and copy it to your blog)
READ these tips: (Please note that you have to be a Goodreads member to write a review.) * Navigate to the book's page. * Underneath the book's profile picture on the top left, rate the book using the stars. * The "want to read" button will automatically be replaced with a "write a review" link. Click that link. * Write your review in the review box that will appear and save.
And more ideas ...
POST a review on Barnes and Noble. HOST a virtual author talk via Skype. Contact me. ORDER extra books as gifts or giveaways. SUGGEST the memoir to your former or current college professor. SUGGEST the memoir to: * nonprofit managers * social workers and students of social work, * nurses, care aides, physicians * hospice workers, * volunteers in service.
* Book Talks for your organization, church or reading group.
* Discussion groups on: social justice, being in service, leadership